Wednesday, November 4, 2009

DMX Speaks On The Music Industry In Interview

Rapper DMX [click to read] had a lot to stay about the inner workings of the music industry in a recent interview with SoundsLikeFire.com.

In the interview, DMX gave his thoughts on artist profits and why artists aren’t making as much as they should.

“The highest paid artist gets like 26 cents off a dollar. And they sell your shit for $20. I can't use my own music without getting your permission,” asked DMX in the interview.

DMX continued to speak on money and the music industry in his interview

“I wrote it. Paid a nigga for the beat. I paid your for loaning me the money,” DMX added. “I paid you back your money, now we splitting because you owed me the money but you own my shit. I don't owe you a motherfucking thing. Why is you holding on to my shit? And that's standard. Get the fuck outta here man.”

by Danielle Harling
hiphopdx.com

No comments: