Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bishop Lamont Discusses Future Projects


Author: Andres Tardio

Bishop Lamont has been hard at work on a variety of projects. In between working on new material, traveling and prepping releases, the Los Angeles based emcee spoke on what he's been up to and more regarding his upcoming year.

In a recent interview, he addressed his current relationship with G-Unit.

"I was doing some records with 50 Cent," he said of his recent stay in New York, during an interview with The Los Angeles Times. "It’s coming along amazing. I'm good friends with DJ Whoo Kid, and 50, Yayo and Banks are like my big brothers. So we set something up and they always show me love. I was trying to plug myself correctly in New York, because I rarely have the opportunity to get out there. 50 and Whoo Kid always give me the best advice on the industry."

During the interview, he avoided the bait to jump in on the beef between Rick Ross and Fif. "A lot of people have been trying to jump on the bandwagon and take sides, but I'm cool with both of them." He also added that the 50 Cent track is slated to appear on Lamont's next LP.

He also explained that fans shouldn't feel frustrated with the amount of time it's taken Lamont to release "The Reformation."

"It always gets better. We've got a time in place. We have to put 'Detox' out first and we're finishing it now. Eminem's going to drop soon, then 50, then 'Detox,' then me and Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks. Smash after smash. You're always dealing with the politics of the labels, but it's a million times better now. There's a lot more communication."

Still, the wait will not be without new music from this artist.

"'Caltroit: Metropolis' [with Black Milk] is probably the next thing I'm going to put out, and me and Crooked I are doing a 'No Country for Old Men' tape. I just don’t want to lose focus. When it comes to my album, I go into overdrive — I want all my craziest energy into the project."

When asked about whether the tape "No Country for Old Men" was directed at Snoop Dogg and/or Ice Cube, he had some choice words for their purpose.

"Yup, they wanted to speak on Crooked and I in a derogatory manner, as though we couldn't hold up the West Coast," Bishop explained. "We're not doing it in a manner of trying to slander them, but we're facing adversity in trying to establish ourselves and it's frustrating to see guys we looked up to not wanting us to succeed, Snoop in particular. We still love those dudes, but we won't tolerate any disrespect. It shouldn't be like this, with outsiders looking at us and saying the West Coast has no unity. Those guys are like Larry Bird and Dr. J, they're not still trying to play ball. Either show love or go to work as a color commentator...and it's not like the old days, where we didn't have our business down right. We know how to make it work. But if they don't want to pass the torch and they think they can still ball, then they need to step on the court."

In other beef news, he went on to add his piece on his current status with The Game.

"I'm not trying to hate on The Game. At the end of the day, his mom and my mom are close friends. They go on vacation with T-Pain's mom and Lil Wayne's mom. It's an issue of disrespect. He knows what it's about. I'm not on some 'Wrestlemania'-type stuff; he talked about me and I dished it back."

hiphopdx.com

No comments: