Wednesday, February 4, 2009

News: Saigon Says Joe Budden Pulled Back From Rap Battle, "He Starts Waving Flags"

With their rap tiff apparently over and some conflicting stories of who waved the white flag first, Saigon has recently attempted to clarify how his beef with Joe Budden concluded.

The self-proclaimed "Yard Father" claims Budden reached out first to stop the battle.

"He's fake...he called my phone...not when people thought he called me, he called me after that," Sai said in an interview. "And then he goes and does interviews like dunna, dunna, dunna...I thought he was cool, too...and then he calls my phone after the fact. First he goes and tells people we had a phone call, then he goes afterwards and starts waving flags..." (Vlad TV)

Budden previously justified his absent response to Sai's "Pushing Buddens" as an indication that a conversation had taken place.

"If me and dude are engaged in a f*cking lyrical battle here and all of a sudden I just stop out of the clear blue sky, there's really no other reason for it besides there was a phone call that took place," Budden said in an interview. "It didn't start out well but we had a good conversation. He begged me to stop. He begged me to leave him alone." (Hip Hop Game)

Prior to Joey's statement, producer Just Blaze wrote on his twitter account last month claiming both rappers deaded the battle via a phone coversation, however Sai denied the occurence.

"I don't know where that came from," Saigon said. "For a while you know Just been trying to squash that sh*t cause he understands what it can turn in to. He just doesn't wanna see it go past -you know just being around me and a lot of my people - and he doesn't wanna see it go anywhere other than wax. And he knows that's very, very, very likely gonna happen." (XXL)

sohh.com

No comments: