Monday, August 22, 2011

Jewish Rapper Kosha Dillz Works With RZA; Talks Hip-Hop

By Jake Crates

Kosha Dillz, known as one of the prolific and outspokenly Jewish rappers of our time, recently spoke with AllHipHop.com about his song with the RZA, his faith and his work ethic among other things.

The rapper has gained a great deal of attention across the internet for his featured verse on the RZA's "Operator," which also features Kool G Rap. Kosha had this to say about his recent buzz across the net.

“The RZA song was part of a studio session at the Chamber,” Kosha recalled in an AllHipHop.com exclusive interview. “I did a joint with the RZA and this one was called the ‘Operator’ and it was after Rock the Bells and I got invited to the studio. This is where they recorded ‘Triumph’, DJ Skane and I knew each other, I rolled up and they were out in the back and I snuck in the venue and I ended up rapping for ODB’s son, Skane, then they let me rock a few other shows with them. The situation continued and over time.”

Kosha attributes his success to having worked consistently since he got his break on New York’s Hot 97.

“I think what’s really cool is that we just consistently go for it, since I won the Hot 97 battle, and the next year I played the Hot 97 Summer stage for the Summer Jam we grind day in and out.”

Remaining unique and consistent has been one of the variables in Kosha’s success, in addition to staying one step ahead of technology.

“I always find that I am terminally unique,“ Kosha explained. “You know I’ve been doing this since before blogs existed and I’m used to the hustle and everyday I am reaching out somewhere new. I have been in the Jewish Journal, I was at the Israeli Day Parade, I’m basically the Fat Joe of the Jewish community, the week after I did the parade, Fat Joe was on the Puerto Rican Day Parade.”

allhiphop.com

No comments: