Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DJ Scream Signs With Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group


By Jake Crates

After several months of speculation within the industry, DJ Scream has signed a six-figure deal with Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group/Warner Brothers.

The duo, having collaborated in the past, began dealing with rumors circulating around the signing in April.

The deal officially became a reality when Ross described the acquisition to his quickly growing list of artists on Atlanta's Hot 107.9.

"This is a huge opportunity for me to further demonstrate my talents and capabilities. I feel like I’ve helped to garner success for a lot of artists as a DJ, but now I have the exciting challenge of putting out records for myself,” said DJ Scream. “I’ve got a great team behind me and I look forward to adding to the greatness of MMG.”

Scream will join the Maybach Music Group roster of Meek Mill, Wale, Pill, Stalley and Teedra Moses.

He will play a crucial role in releasing music for the Maybach Music camp.

Rick Ross confirmed that DJ Scream will host his new mixtape, as well as his album sampler, leading up to the release of Ross' upcoming full length album, God Forgives, I Don't.

“Scream came down to the bottom and we just laid out a strategy," Rick Ross explained. "Not only to get money but to continue to build a brand, to continue to make sure ATL and the South still be one of the premier spots to make music. You can go to Scream for a lot of different things, he’s a boss.”

No stranger to grinding in the spotlight, DJ Scream will continue his co-executive duties with Hoodrich Ent, as well as his responsibilities with Sirius XM’s Hip Hop Nation and Atlanta’s Hot 107.9.

Although DJ Scream's debut album is yet to be titled, fans can expect a Spring 2012 release with top talent from across the hip-hop world.

Earlier this year DJ Scream took the top honor of #1 DJ of the South beating out a number of respected talents.

allhiphop.com

No comments: