Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Doo Wop Airs New Video Against Lil Wayne's Remarks



Author: Jake Paine

After last week's touted video made by New York veteran deejay Doo Wop [click to view], the legend heard Lil Wayne's reaction on DJ Drama's show [click to read], and still has an axe to grind.

Doo Wop explained to HipHopDX, "The first time he said that foul shit about mixtape deejays , it pissed me off, but my reaction was more like, 'This cat is really buggin'. So i was said, 'Okay, let me just have a little fun and put together a video on behalf of the 'mixtape deejay so the public could see how his own bosses credit the deejay for making Lil Wayne.'

The popularity and reaction of the video, which aired on HipHopDX last Friday, came as a shock to the veteran. "I really didn't expect the all the feedback i received for that video. Whether it was good or bad, at least it sparked conversation and debates on numerous sites and [message boards]. So on Saturday, when his so-called apology audio [from DJ Drama's radio show] was released, the people who were defending him starting saying, 'See, he didn't mean it like that.' So obviously, they still didn't get it. I understand if someone is too young to know the impact that mixtapes have had since its inception, but damn, if you're savvy enough to pimp your MySpace page then you should be able to do a little research about the music you claim to love so much. That apology was as honest as the ones by Dog the Bounty Hunter and [Michael Richards], if you ask me."

This time, the editing reminds viewers that in his biggest hit, "Juicy," icons like the Notorious B.I.G. paid homage to the likes of Luvbug Starski and Kid Capri for making Hip Hop accessible to him. The video editing, which also includes images of E.T., George Bush, DMX and Michael Richards, features an original song produced by Cookin' Soul, with a rap by Doo Wop, incorporating quotes from Wayne's statements, as well as topical references such as 50 Cent's house burning last Friday.

Looking at his own track-record, the deejay closed, "I ain't losing no sleep at night because i ain't compromising my manhood for this kid. I dont need Wayne for shit. When has a rapper ever hosted my tape? That's the problem, he feels like deejays need him 'cause there's a lot of cats that ride his dick. That ain't me, and it never will be. I've been touring the world for over 12 years without a radio show or an album. I've been fending for myself without a deejay crew, so this is nothing. I got bars , experience and a creative enough mind to scrap with anybody in this game."

No comments: