Sunday, June 8, 2014

Apathy Explains "Martha Moxley (R.I.P.)" Significance

by Andres Tardio

Apathy details the backstory of "Martha Moxley (R.I.P.)" and discusses the locations from the song's music video.
When Apathy released "Martha Moxley (R.I.P.)," a cut off the rapper's upcoming album Connecticut Casual recently, some wondered where the track title came from.
"It was just a line in the song initially," Apathy says in an exclusive statement to HipHopDX.
Later, Apathy crafted the song's hook and its title. "[It] out of respect for a young girl whose life was cut far too short, and so people would Google it, and become familiar with the story," Ap says. "Michael Skakel, who murdered her, was a cousin of the Kennedy family. It was another thread that tied the album concepts together, a dark, tragic, historical Connecticut event." 
Keeping Connecticut's importance, Apathy shot the music video for "Martha Moxley (R.I.P.)" in the state. 
"It was local places in the town I live, New London, Connecticut," Apathy says. "New London is my favorite place I've ever lived. It represents Connecticut and New England in a concentrated, focused way. It's half beautiful, historic, scenic, next to the ocean and half hood and grimy. It's like a small version of all of New England, which reflects that dynamic." 
Apathy's "Martha Moxley (R.I.P.)" is as follows:



hiphopdx.com

No comments: