Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cormega Sets Release Date For Third Solo Album

Author: Salima Koroma

Queensbridge rapper Cormega has finally announced a date for his third official solo album, Born & Raised. Although the anticipated CD was previously set to drop in the summer, it will now hit shelves on October 20 through his Legal Hustle imprint.

"This album is the truest look into me not just as an artist, but as a writer and as a person," Cormega explained in a statement. "'Born & Raised' is the first album where I talk about being a father and the impact my daughter has had on my life. It's also the first time I experimented with live sound without the guidance of a producer and the first time I got to record with producers and artists whose work inspired me to become an emcee."

The effort will feature production from DJ Premier, Havoc, Nottz, and others, while Big Daddy Kane, KRS-One, Red Alert, and more will make appearances on several tracks.

"I remember the days when I had Kane's posters on my wall, CDs by KRS-One, and like everybody in New York, I used to record DJ Red Alert cassettes off the radio," 'Mega continued. "It is a dream realized."

In an interview with HipHopDX in January , Cormega explained the title of his upcoming album.

"It's basically I was born and raised in New York," he explained. "[It's] a New York-based album [and I'm] a New York-based artist. And it's like, we're down right now...I wanted a title that represented me and that represents where I'm from, because I feel like we're [not] getting the respect that we're due. Like, no artist should ever be able to just straight up violate New York 'cuz we've done so much for Hip Hop."

hiphopdx.com

No comments: