Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busta, Redman Fume Over Joe Budden Meth Comments


By Houston Williams
The war of words between Joe Budden and Method Man continues with new commentary from Busta Rhymes, and Redman, Meth’s rap partner.

Joe Budden has started significant conversation among the legends of the 90’s, in particular. Upon seeing a listing of the Top 50 rappers as provided by Vibe magazine, the rapper opted to editorialize his views on several. A bulk of it focused on Method Man and his ability to best him lyrically.

Redman told Ed Lover of Power 105.1 in New York that he wouldn’t have an problem with engaging Budden lyrically.

“I just laughed at it at first. I’m a Jersey dude and he a Jersey dude so he already knows the business,” Redman said. “I know my man [Method Man] got this. If he needs me to step in, I’m in. I’m already in it anyway. Its gonna stay on the rap level too.”

Busta Rhymes provided color to Redman’s assessment of the matter with Budden.

Busta Rhymes said, “I think it was a great disrespect and he might want to get slapped in his face for it. That’s just how I feel about it. I’m not saying that to be on no pro-violence thing, because that’s not where I’m at with it. I still think that there is a fine line between entertainment and being morally and principally disrespectful.”

allhiphop.com

No comments: