Saturday, July 5, 2008

Spit Ya Game, Talk ‘Yo Shit

From XXL.com Blogger

There are many components to being a respected rapper. Flow is always important and having the right voice is key. Songwriting ability is something that not many MCs possess and being able to spit lyrics is a skill that escapes many. The problem is the best songwriters really don’t have the best one-liners (i.e. Scarface, Pac and Nas) while the game’s illest spitters (i.e. Canibus, Chino XL, Ras Kass) don’t necessarily make GREAT songs. See I was over some of ya’ll heads with that last post on Plies. So today we gonna go in the opposite direction. Go ahead ya’ll spit ‘yo game and talk ‘yo shit! What’s your favorite one-liners? Here are a few of mines. – Rob The Music Ed

Big Daddy Kane: “Put a quarter in ya ass ‘cause you played yourself” – The Symphony

“Pick a B.C. date ’cause you’re history” – Ain’t No Half Steppin’

Redman: “Your boom box better form a union, ’cause I leave ya circuits overworked” – Whateva Man

Ras Kass: “I Drink Listerine, brush my teeth with amphetamines/So I can sound fresh and say dope things in between” - Soul On Ice Remix

J-Ro: “You a nigga everybody dis ’cause you can’t bust this/You got a bad name like Dick Butkus” - The Next Level (Alkoholics)

Lord Finesse: “You can’t mess with the rap lord/That’s like sayin’ you can dunk when you can’t touch the backboard.” - Hip 2 Da Game

Jay-Z: “Nigga please like short sleeves I bare arms” – Brooklyn’s Finest

“It gets tedious, so I keep one eye open like CBS” – Can I Live

Sauce Money: “Niggas must be Chinese the way that they duck Sauce – [I can’t remember where this line was from, but it was one of the most amazing one-liners ever. Remember when Sauce said on “Pre-Game” “I killed the rap game with just one line…” this was it!]

Big L: “When it comes to gettin’ nookie I’m not a rookie/I got girls that make that chick Toni Braxton look like Whoopie” – Put It On

B.I.G.: “I grant you 3 wishes ’cause I be the genie/Niggas is assed out like fat bitches in bikinis” - Think Big

Common: I walk the night in rhyming armor, bomb a nigga like a winter coat/Have him on Death Row searchin for an Interscope” - Hungry

Cam’Ron: “I’m not in fear of any/I leave a nigga black and blue like a pair of Pennys” - 357

Jadakiss: “And ya’ll scared I can tell/That I’ma get Bucks like Milwaukee ‘cause like Sam I can sell (Cassell)” – Put Your Hands Up

Fabolous: “Must be the way I got the broads swarming/’Cause now even the old niggas is givin’ me grills like George Foreman” – Old Clue Freestyle

Canibus: “Every word I utter for hip-hop lovers/Will forever reflect like two mirrors facin’ each other”

Lloyd Banks: “I get tattoos as well lead marks/Fuckin’s like racin’ and I always get a head start” – (G-Unit) That’s What’s Up

“Beef, you’re a target/’Cause when we done with ya ass Aladdin won’t be the only one on the carpet” - (G-Unit) That’s What’s Up

Chino XL: “You’ll take an L in a cipher like the Lexus logo.” – (I forget which song this is from).

Joe Budden: “We pump diesel and I ain’t talkin’ bout jeans and sneakers” - Focus

No comments: