Sunday, March 22, 2015

Game Reveals New “The Documentary 2” Release Date

by Danielle Harling

Game says “the old me was wack” while speaking on listening to his debut album, "The Documentary."
After initially announcing, via Instagram, a January release for his sixth studio album, The Documentary 2, Compton, California rapper Game has now revealed that the album will be out this summer. The West Coast wordsmith shared the news during a recent interview with Revolt TV.
He announced that The Documentary 2 will be released on June 30, which also serves as his son’s birthday. He then explained that the album is one that could have been released immediately after The Documentary, but says 10 years later is “perfectly fine.”

“I feel like I could have released it after The Documentary 1, but…You know how they say, ‘Things just happen for a reason?’ 10 years later seemed perfectly fine,” Game said. “I mean, it’s my sixth album. My sixth solo album and I think that the 10th anniversary is huge, so why not put it out 10 years later? And then the actual Documentary 2 is gonna drop on my son’s birthday, June 30. Cause I think it’s big. And then his birthday falls on a Tuesday, which is the day that music is released to the world.”

Game later spoke on being his toughest critic and even revealed that “the old me was wack,” while speaking on revisiting his debut album.

“When I listen to my first album and everybody thinks it’s so amazing, but I think I’m better than that,” he said. “I listen to it and I hear all the flaws and the young me. And I’m like ‘Man, I would have never did this song like that today.’ I was just listening to it today. Cause I got all these 10th anniversary concerts. And so, I have to learn all these songs. Cause I don’t listen to myself on a daily basis. It is the hardest thing in the world. But the old me was wack. I’m dope now.”

As a father of four, Game spoke on his children serving as his fuel and motivation. He also revealed that being a father feels like it’s his calling.

“Being a father and making music that’s been, since the beginning of my career that’s been my everyday motivation,” the rapper said. “Waking up knowing that I have a job that I can stay focused [on]. I use my kids for energy. So, I look at them and I’ll go out and we’ll be talking about The Documentary 30th anniversary if I use them for the fuel and motivation. I love my kids dearly. Being a father I think that’s something that I was—that’s my calling. So, I got four kids. I love ‘em to death. I just use them for the motivation to keep going.”

hiphopdx.com

No comments: