Monday, July 12, 2010

Ras Kass' "A.D.I.D.A.S." 2CD Coming July 20

by Jake Paine

Veteran lyricist Ras Kass campaigned with fans to release his upcoming album, A.D.I.D.A.S. Fans could pay to pre-order the album and reserve special bonus materials from Ras Kass, including a vinyl version of the release. Today it was announced that A.D.I.D.A.S. will be readied for a July 20 release.

Additionally, Ras revealed that A.D.I.D.A.S. will be a 2CD. Details of the release are still confirming. In March, DJ Rhettmatic, who worked extensively on the album, said that the project would feature production from The Alchemist, DJ Babu and Mr. Porter. Guest verses are said to come courtesy of Jean Grae, Royce Da 5'9", Strong Arm Steady, Evidence, Fashawn, Planet Asia." That information however is several months old.

This week, Ras Kass told HipHopDX, "This project is about that core group of people that wanted a CD, and showed me they wanted a physical CD. What they'll get, and I don't want to ruin the surprises, is much more than a CD. When we ship them shits out and hit me on Facebook or Twitter - and hopefully they hit me and say, 'I got my shit, and I love it!' We put 110% in it, but the success story is that we accomplished what the fuck we tried to do."

Fans can purchase A.D.I.D.A.S. on http://www.savetheraskass.com/pre-order.htm.

hiphopdx.com

No comments: