Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jay-Z Contemplates "BP3" Follow-Up Album Release, "It Depends On The Music & How It's Coming Out"

Written by Biz Jones

Roc Nation leader Jay-Z talk about planning his Blueprint III follow-up album and explained why a release date is the least of his worries right now.


According to Jay, he is in the early stages of putting the untitled project together.

"I don't know," Jay answered when asked about a release date. "I didn't really start yet. I got a couple of scraps and I got a couple of ideas. I didn't really go into the studio yet. I've been toying with ideas and direction and things like that. I got one crazy record. To be honest with you, it's crazy. I got one and we'll build from there. Whether it comes out this year or next year, it depends on the music and how it's coming out. I don't really have any dates." (MTV)

Last month, Jay said he had not yet fully engaged onto the album.

"Maybe. I got some ideas," the rapper said about a new album in 2010. "I didn't start yet, I just got a bunch of ideas. Maybe if I get into a nice zone...I'm on my way, just ideas." ("The Ed Lover Show")

Prior to its release last September, the rapper explained the significance of offering fans a new sound with The Blueprint III.

"I keep using this phrase 'new classic,' because it has classic sounds and instrumentation, like how music was recorded before. That's why the whole album cover [features] white instruments just left in the corner, no color. It's all about the instruments. It feels classic in that approach, but it's new subject matter, new flows. It's not like an Amy Winehouse thing: a take on what was already done. I mean, if you listen to 'D.O.A.' just the sax alone, those type of sounds. The subject matter is right now. It's a hot-button issue right now." (XXL Magazine)

Outside of album talk, Jay is currently being billed to headline the summer's Bonnaroo Music & Arts Fesival.

Headliners will include Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Dave Matthews Band and Kings of Leon, in what is currently the Grammy-winning band's only scheduled U.S. show of the year. Bands already announced this afternoon include Ingrid Michaelson, The xx, Regina Spektor, Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers, Wale, Mayer Hawthorne & The County, Phoenix, Weezer, OK GO, Baroness, John Fogerty, Medeski Martin and Wood, ISIS, Bassnectar, Blues Traveler, Jeff Beck, Avett Brothers and Chromeo with Daryl Hall. The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs will perform Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" in a special late night set. (Billboard)

sohh.com

No comments: