Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Former Roc-A-Fella Employee Prepares Documentary

Author: Danielle Harling

In an anticipated documentary entitled, I Am Choke, No Joke, former BET and Roc-A-Fella employee Choke No Joke plans on airing out the recent feud between Damon Dash and Jay-Z [click to read].

Expected to be released some time next year, I Am Choke, No Joke will detail the events that led to Dame Dash and Jay-Z's falling out and the downfall of Roc-A-Fella Records. In the early '90s, Damon Dash along with Jay-Z and Kareem Burke founded the label, management firm and consulting company.

According to Choke, tension between Jay-Z and Damon Dash began to reach new heights when Dash signed Ol' Dirty Bastard and proposed that Cam'ron become vice president of Roc-A-Fella.

In a recent video, Damon Dash publicly aired out his frustration with Jay-Z informing viewers that, "What he did to me publicly could be seen as so heinous and foul that how could I ever tell somebody, 'Don't do nothin'? . . . Before, I might have taken a bullet or a punch for Jay, now I just don't get involved. That's the way he chose it to be. You won't be hearing me say nothing about him, but I won't be jumping in a fight for him."

Jay-Z has yet to respond to the alleged feud between himself and Dash.

In recent months, the two business men have seen an extremely varying amount of success. Jay-Z recently made millions after selling Roc-A-Wear, plans on opening a new club, and is part owner of the New Jersey Nets.

On the other hand, Damon Dash has been reportedly struggling financially. Two of his Manhattan homes are under foreclosure due to non-payment of mortgage.

HipHopDX will keep you updated on the release of I Am Choke, No Joke.

hiphopdx.com

No comments: